Monday, February 6, 2012

One step closer...



“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

So, here it is another Monday. The most terrifying day of the week for someone who suffers from SMD (Starting Monday Disorder). This is the day I usually set aside to conquer the world, finding only to end the day in utter disappointment. Yet, this Monday is just a little bit different. Though, I currently have a to do list 25 miles long, I am still living off of the high of starting something on a Saturday! I feel quite proud of myself at this moment.
However, I can’t lie to you; I have to be totally honest if I am going to find a cure for my illness of chronic procrastination.  I have been paralyzed by the immense pressure to not procrastinate. What a paradox!  I suppose I didn’t really realize the task I was taking on when I said I was ready to live each day in the moment. I woke up Sunday morning thinking “where on earth do I start?!?!” I had so much to do I couldn’t possibly fit it all in one day.  Okay, Procrastination is a literal addiction, you can’t just stop cold turkey…this is a process.   
So, where to start??  At 2:00am this morning it occurred to me. (Now, please do not judge the simplicity of my mind.) I realized… maybe for the first time, that I am not superwoman!  I can’t fulfill every dream, finish every project, organize every mess, and learn every lesson all in one day.  This leads me to discovery # 2: Life is about prioritizing; we really can do everything we dream of, just not all at once. 
This inspired me to reevaluate my “to do list”, or rather my list of dreams.  As I looked at my list, I came to the conclusion, that all of my dreams require me to be strong mentally, physically and emotionally.  Thus, my answer of where to start was as straightforward as it comes; I have to start with me.  I created a simple list of how I will begin my journey to becoming a successful dreamer.

Decide my daily priorities
Read my scriptures
Exercise
Acknowledge my progress
Make my meals healthy
Slumber for at least 8 hours a night


2 comments:

  1. Yes! Sleep 8 hours while you still can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are one beautiful and amazing woman! I look up to you so much. I still think about you often. I hope that we'll run into each other again someday! I love you!

    ReplyDelete